Tuesday, June 30, 2009

End of month crush

Being self-employed has its benefits, but it also has a few downfalls. The largest one is pretty simple; if you don't write anything, you don't get paid. It never ceases to amaze me how much time it takes searching for cars and getting editorial approval. There are countless phone calls and emails I have to make each month and then, by the time I reach the last couple days, I always notice I haven't written much. Yikes! This month has been the same as it always is, with my wife at home to help with the kids now that school's out for the summer. This has left me free to write, so the income level will be a bit better down the road. We're not doing the "BIG SUMMER TRIP" this year to visit relatives back east so perhaps we'll save a bit of money. I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment